Phone Notify! TextToSay Advanced Commands
- 1 Advanced Notify Commands in our Current Release
- 1.1 ActOnDigitPress
- 1.2 ActOnFeature
- 1.3 AssignDTMF
- 1.4 Beep
- 1.5 ClearDTMF
- 1.6 DialDTMF
- 1.7 EndCall
- 1.8 GetDigits
- 1.9 Goto
- 1.10 GotoIf
- 1.11 Label
- 1.12 PlaySpecialSoundFile
- 1.13 QueryExternalServer
- 1.14 RecordAndSaveAs
- 1.15 RecordWithUniqueID
- 1.16 SetVar
- 1.17 StatusChangePostURL
- 1.18 TransferTo
- 1.19 WaitForDTMF
- 1.20 WaitForSilence
- 2 Advanced Notify Commands in our Upcoming Release
Advanced Notify Commands in our Current Release
This turns off Message Interruption for digit commands (such as 1 for repeat). This is useful for a message that says Enter your zip code and doesn't jump around in the Dial Plan when the digits are pressed.
This will turn off AMD (Answering Machine Detection), Fax, and Ring Detection. This is useful when you do not wish the message to restart when these tones are detected.
Assigns 1 to go to TestLbl (Note: 1 defaults to repeat msg.) - This can change anytime in the dialplan
A standard Beep tone. Usually used right before a Record command.
Provides a clean slate for Acting on DTMF Commands (This will clear the default of press 1 to repeat).
Dials a number in DTMF tones. xxx being the number to dial.
Ends the call immediately.
Returns the digits in the variable specified. Also waits 5 (or what you specify) seconds for digits. Then continues to the next command. Variables will be added to a new GetQueueIDStatus function called GetQueueIDStatusAdvanced. This is due to security concerns and will allow you to pull more information about the call. It is good to use this with the ActOnDigitPress(false) command before the sound file that you ask for this information.
This will goto a Label defined by the Label command.
This will goto a Label only if the Variable is equal to the 2nd value.
Sets a label
You can reset these labels in order for the system to do something that you wish during Amd for instance.
- Start - Start of a call.
- Ring - Where to go if a ring is detected in the call.
- Amd - Where to go if an answering machine is detected.
This function is mainly used by CDYNE for global sound files such as recording sound files.
Some predefined sound files
* BEA78757-BE32-4670-A8F7-D7E03AAFFB95 - Hello, please record sound file for id... * AAA31398-AED0-4854-B745-95D174AAFE37 - after the tone record the message and press # to hang up or stop speaking when you are finished. * C8F07A8C-E130-4E54-BE55-8079B8BB64E5 - Press 1 to accept, Press 2 to rerecord the sound file. * B8B80319-0308-4E9A-80D8-D3A3D1E3CF51 - Thank you for using the Sound Record Service.
This allows you to query your own server and return a Variable to use in the dialplan. Note: Special characters such as ~ ^ ( ) | are not allowed in the URL Field. Your server has 5 seconds to respond or the system will report a provider error to the caller.
Records the Wave file and saves it as the Sound ID.
Records a with a unique soundid and sets the Variable to that SoundID.
Sets a Variable with the Value Specified. Values could be forced to lowercase.
This can be set at anytime in the call.
- maxrecordseconds - Sets the Maximum Record Length in seconds (ex: ~\SetVar(maxrecordseconds|30)~ for 30 secs).
- maxcallseconds - Sets the Maximum Call Length in seconds (You should set this at the beginning of the call).
This posts information about the call to a URL you specify.
It will Post to you these values:
- QueueID - Contains the ID of the Call.
- ResponseCode - 1 = Call Answered, 2 or more - Call unanswered. Status Codes
- StartTime - Start time in Universal Time (UTC)
- EndTime - End time in Universal Time (UTC)
- Duration - Call Length in Seconds
- machinedetection - Currently only HUMAN, MACHINE, or FAX.
- [Any Variables you collected] - Any additional variables that you collected during the call.
Example of Usage:
In Visual Studio.NET, under the Standard Page_Load event you could simply use the Request object to request these variables.
Note: Sending an AdvancedNotify will allow you to set this also. Use StatusPostBackUrl in the AdvancedNotify Class.
This transfers the call immediately to the number specified.
This function waits x seconds for a DTMF Command - this differs from getdigits in that it accepts only one digit. Make sure that ActOnDigitPress(true) is set (It is true by default).
Waits for silence that lasts xxx number of seconds. (Up to a 10 second wait.)
Advanced Notify Commands in our Upcoming Release
Converts a Variable to Text To Speech and plays it to a caller. Keep in mind that this gets sent to the TTS Server Farm for conversion (This is usually very quick). Please try to limit the size of these otherwise your caller might enjoy too much dead-air.