CDYNE PAV-I is an international postal address verification API which validates and standardizes addresses for over 240 countries. Businesses can ensure data quality for their international customer base and gain global customer contact information efficiently at point of entry. There is no prior knowledge of international address formats required. PAV-I takes the guesswork out of the many international address formats and foreign characters that exist worldwide.
PAV-I complements CDYNE PAV, a CASS Certified™ API which verifies U.S. and Canadian addresses.
- 1 DEVELOPER RESOURCES
- 2 BEST PRACTICES
- 3 PRODUCT FEATURES
- 4 LICENSE KEYS AND PRICING
PAV-I API Operation
The operation below can be found in the PAV-I Specification Sheet. Click on the link below for detailed information on this operation.
In addition to the Return Codes listed above, PAV-I also returns the Match Level of the address. The Match Level values and their descriptions can be found below.
- 0 - No Match
- 1 - Town, City, Locality, Municipality, Suburb
- 2 - Street
- 3 - Premise (Building)
- 4 - Organisation (Varies by country, Business or Administrative Entity)
Programming Language Examples
This the C# code example that we used in our simple helper WPF application.
//Service client instance
PavIntService.PavInternationalServiceClient service = null;
//create the client using soap endpoint service = new PavIntService.PavInternationalServiceClient("pavisoap");
Button click handler:
private void button1_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
PavIntService.AddressInternationalRequest request = new PavIntService.AddressInternationalRequest();
//Check each textbox and add corresponding field if the textbox is not empty List<KeyValue> availableFields = new List<KeyValue>(); AddKeyValue(availableFields, ORGANISATION, "ORGANISATION"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, SUBBUILDING, "SUBBUILDING"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, BUILDINGNAME, "BUILDINGNAME"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, BUILDINGNUMBER, "BUILDINGNUMBER"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, DEPSTREET, "DEPSTREET"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, STREET, "STREET"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, DEPLOCALITY, "DEPLOCALITY"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, LOCALITY, "LOCALITY"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, POSTTOWN, "POSTTOWN"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, COUNTY, "COUNTY"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, POSTCODE, "POSTCODE"); AddKeyValue(availableFields, ADDR, "ADDR"); //Check what output fields are required on return List<string> returnFields = new List<string>(); GetReturnFields(returnFields);
//Convert to array and add to the request request.AddressFields = availableFields.ToArray(); request.ReturnFields = returnFields.ToArray();
//Set License key request.LicenseKey = "ADD VALID LICENSE KEY HERE";
//Check if native output is requested request.ReturnNativeOutput = (chkNATIVE.IsChecked == true);
//Call the service AddressInternationalResponse response = service.VerifyAddressInternational(request);
//Update UI with the results UpdateUI(response.AddressFields);
3rd party C# .Net tutorial can be found here: Video and Source,
Minimum Input Data
- The minimum input data is a combination of the following: Building Number, Street, Post Town, Postcode, and Country.
- The country is required and must be input in English or ISO 2/3 country code.
- Generally it is best to provide all the relevant input data you have for an address. Because the address format is different for different countries, PAV-I is very flexible about where you put the data.
- Due to its enhanced parsing capability, entering non-address data will obfuscate matching.
Non-address data should not be entered into any of the address input fields. This may impede the most accurate address verification.
Fielded vs. Unfielded Address Entry
PAV-I has the ability to parse addresses entered in one or many fields. Using multiple address fields for input is useful when you are familiar with international addresses and the specific elements of the input address. If uncertain of the specific address elements, inputting information in the wrong fields may complicate or confuse matching. Address data can be entered into one address line and PAV-I will use its innovative parsing ability to properly parse the address for verification.
Fielded Address Entry
Unfielded Address Entry
CDYNE Postal Address Verification International allows you to validate and standardize addresses for over 240 countries.
Innovative Parsing Ability
PAV-I has the ability to accept one or multiple address fields of input. See Fielded vs. Unfielded Address Entry in the Best Practices section.
PAV-I supports the following alphabets for transliteration. To return addresses in a supported native language, the parameter ReturnNativeOutput must be set to true.
- Latn - Latin (English transliteration wherever possible)
- Cyrl - Cyrillic (Russia)
- Grek - Greek (Greece)
- Hebr - Hebrew (Israel)
- Hani - Kanji 漢字 (Japan)
- Hans - Simplified Chinese 简体字(China)
- Arab - Arabic (United Arab Emirates)
- Thai - Thai (Thailand)
- Hang - Hangul 한글 (South Korea)
LICENSE KEYS AND PRICING
Free Trial License Keys
- CDYNE offers trial license keys for all Web Services so that you may test the APIs for free.
- Trial keys do not expire, and are limited to approximately 50 transactions.
- Normal processing time for trial key requests during normal business hours (M-F, 9-6 eastern) typically ranges from ten minutes to two hours.
- Sign up here for a free trial PAV-I license key.
Production (Account) License Keys
- Sign up here for a production PAV-I license key.
- Upon registration, your account will be suspended for verification by default.
- The account verification process takes less than one business day to complete for account activation.
- You may call 1-800-984-3710 to expedite the verification process over the phone.
Pricing for all CDYNE Web Services is based off a set monthly maintenance fee and a per-transaction fee. CDYNE does not require a contract and there are absolutely no start-up or cancellation fees. CDYNE services are post-pay. Your credit card will not be charged until one month from sign-up date and will be billed monthly thereafter unless you deactivate or cancel services. Net 30 billing is available upon application approval.
|Service||Trans. Min.||Trans. Max.||Monthly|
|PAV International Monthly Fee||$9.99|
|PAV International Trans fee||Zero||1,000||$0.0700|
|PAV International Trans fee||1,001||3,000||$0.0650|
|PAV International Trans fee||3,001||10,000||$0.0550|
|PAV International Trans fee||10,001||50,000||$0.0500|
|PAV International Trans fee||50,001||100,000||$0.0400|
|PAV International Trans fee||100,001||500,000||$0.0300|
|PAV International Trans fee||500,001||Unlimited||$0.0250|