Postal Address Verification
CDYNE PAV (Postal Address Verification) is a CASS Certified™ API that allows you to standardize, correct, and validate US and Canadian addresses in one step. Save time, money, and resources by verifying that addresses are deliverable before mailings or packages are sent out. PAV helps businesses ensure data quality for US and Canadian customers.
- 1 DEVELOPER RESOURCES
- 2 BEST PRACTICES
- 3 LICENSE KEYS AND PRICING
PAV API Operations
|OPERATION||COUNTRY AVAILABILITY||RETURN CODES|
|VerifyAddress||US & Canada||OUTPUT|
|VerifyAddressAdvanced||US & Canada||OUTPUT|
Programming Language Examples
- PAVv3 CSharp - CSHARP Example - Getting Started PDF
- PAVv3 Php - Php Example
- PAVv3 PHP w/cURL - PHP w/cURL Example
- PAVv3 VB.Net - VB.Net Example
- PAVv3 VBA - VBA Example
- PAVv3 ColdFusion - CF Example
- PAVv3 JAVA - JAVA Example
- PAVv3 RUBY - RUBY Example
- NodeJS Wrapper - Courtesy of madeby8020.com
- Free CalculateDistanceInMiles Source Code
Service Endpoint Help Pages
- PAV V3 Spec Sheet - XML Web Service Specifications
- Address Verification at Point of Entry Example
- Postal Address Verification DPV Return Codes - Codes returned when using VerifyAddressAdvanced (with MailingIndustryInfo set to "True")
- PAVv3 Return Codes - Return Codes of Postal Address Verification Methods.
- When GeoLocationInfo is set to "true" under the VerifyAddressAdvanced operation, the following time zone abbreviations could be returned:
- EST: Eastern Standard Time
- CST: Central Standard Time
- MST: Mountain Standard Time
- PST: Pacific Standard Time
- PST-1: Pacific Standard Time -1 hour (Alaska)
- PST-2: Pacific Standard Time -2 hours (Hawaii)
- EST+1: Eastern Standard Time +1 hour (Puerto Rico)
The VerifyAddressAdvanced optional return data is available for US addresses only. Setting the optional parameters to "true" when using Canadian address input will return null values.
Canadian Address Verification
When verifying a Canadian address, the API will only verify the city, state, and zip code.
Appending Canadian Zip Codes
The province name must be abbreviated in order for PAV to append a missing zip code to a verified Canadian address. The following are Canadian provinces/territories and their abbreviations.
- Alberta: AB
- British Columbia: BC
- Manitoba: MB
- New Brunswick: NB
- Newfoundland and Labrador: NL
- Northwest Territories: NT
- Nova Scotia: NS
- Nunavut: NU
- Ontario: ON
- Prince Edward Island: PE
- Québec: QC
- Saskatchewan: SK
- Yukon: YT
Frequently asked questions about CDYNE PAV API.
LICENSE KEYS AND PRICING
Free Trial License Keys
- CDYNE offers trial license keys for all Web Services so that you may test the APIs for free.
- Trial keys do not expire, and are limited to approximately 50 transactions.
- Normal processing time for trial key requests during normal business hours (M-F, 9-6 eastern) typically ranges from ten minutes to two hours.
- Sign up here for a free trial PAV license key.
Production (Account) License Keys
- Sign up here for a production PAV license key.
- Upon registration, your account will be suspended for verification by default.
- The account verification process takes less than one business day to complete for account activation.
- You may call 1-800-984-3710 to expedite the verification process over the phone.