Postal Address Verification
CDYNE PAV (Postal Address Verification) is a CASS Certified™ API that allows you to standardize, correct, and validate US and Canadian addresses in one step. Save time, money, and resources by verifying that addresses are deliverable before mailings or packages are sent out. PAV helps businesses ensure data quality for US and Canadian customers.
PAV API Operations
|OPERATION||COUNTRY AVAILABILITY||RETURN CODES|
|VerifyAddress||US & Canada||OUTPUT|
|VerifyAddressAdvanced||US & Canada||OUTPUT|
Programming Language Examples
- PAVv3 CSharp - CSHARP Example
- PAVv3 Php - PHP Example
- PAVv3 VB.Net - VB.Net Example
- PAVv3 VBA - VBA Example - process addresses from an SQL/server with a database or as a batch processor pulling from an Excel doc.
- PAVv3 ColdFusion - CF Example
- PAVv3 JAVA - JAVA Example
- Free CalculateDistanceInMiles Source Code
Service Endpoint Help Pages
- PAV V3 Spec Sheet - XML Web Service Specifications
- Online Interface Example
- Address Verification at Point of Entry Example
- Postal Address Verification DPV Return Codes - Codes returned when using VerifyAddressAdvanced (with MailingIndustryInfo set to "True")
- PAVv3 Return Codes - Return Codes of Postal Address Verification Methods.
- When GeoLocationInfo is set to "true" under the VerifyAddressAdvanced operation, the following time zone abbreviations could be returned:
- EST: Eastern Standard Time
- CST: Central Standard Time
- MST: Mountain Standard Time
- PST: Pacific Standard Time
- PST-1: Pacific Standard Time -1 hour (Alaska)
- PST-2: Pacific Standard Time -2 hours (Hawaii)
- EST+1: Eastern Standard Time +1 hour (Puerto Rico)
The VerifyAddressAdvanced optional return data is available for US addresses only. Setting the optional parameters to "true" when using Canadian address input will return null values.
Appending Canadian Zip Codes
The province name must be abbreviated in order for PAV to append a missing zip code to a verified Canadian address. The following are Canadian provinces/territories and their abbreviations.
- Alberta: AB
- British Columbia: BC
- Manitoba: MB
- New Brunswick: NB
- Newfoundland and Labrador: NL
- Northwest Territories: NT
- Nova Scotia: NS
- Nunavut: NU
- Ontario: ON
- Prince Edward Island: PE
- Québec: QC
- Saskatchewan: SK
- Yukon: YT
Canadian Address Secondary Address Information - Special Note
- Canada secondary address information must be input into secondary address line for proper validation
- Return code 200 means the input address is confirmed for all components
- Return code 202 means the input address is confirmed for all components except for secondary number
- Secondary address data input on secondary address line will always append to primary addresses line on output
|PrimaryAddressLine:||171 W Esplanade||171 ESPLANADE W SUITE 300|
|City:||North Vancouver||NORTH VANCOUVER|
|Zip:||V7M 3K9||V7M 3K9|
|Return Code:||200 (Verified)|
Frequently asked questions about CDYNE PAV API.
LICENSE KEYS AND PRICING
Free Trial License Keys
- CDYNE offers trial license keys for all Web Services so that you may test the APIs for free.
- Trial keys do not expire, and are limited to approximately 50 transactions.
- Normal processing time for trial key requests during normal business hours (M-F, 9-6 eastern) typically ranges from ten minutes to two hours.
- Sign up here for a free trial PAV license key.
Production (Account) License Keys
- Sign up here for a production PAV license key.
- Upon registration, your account will be suspended for verification by default.
- The account verification process takes less than one business day to complete for account activation.
- You may call 1-800-984-3710 to expedite the verification process over the phone.
Pricing for all CDYNE Web Services is based off a set monthly maintenance fee and a per-transaction fee. CDYNE does not require a contract and there are absolutely no start-up or cancellation fees. CDYNE services are post-pay. Your credit card will not be charged until one month from sign-up date and will be billed monthly thereafter unless you deactivate or cancel services. Net 30 billing is available upon application approval.
|Service||Trans. Min.||Trans. Max.||Monthly|
|PAV Monthly Fee||$9.99|
|PAV Trans fee||Zero||1,000||$0.0300|
|PAV Trans fee||1,001||3,000||$0.0250|
|PAV Trans fee||3,001||10,000||$0.0180|
|PAV Trans fee||10,001||50,000||$0.0120|
|PAV Trans fee||50,001||100,000||$0.0080|
|PAV Trans fee||100,001||500,000||$0.0060|
|PAV Trans fee||500,001||Unlimited||$0.0040|